About

Monday, February 16, 2015

New name, new adventures, and lots of laughter

   
 Six months ago, I had no idea what adventures would await as I walked down the aisle lined with wooden pews and smiling faces of family and friends basically like family.  I remember Anna’s beautiful voice and as I held my dad’s arm, I heard him whisper it’s almost time, but remember you’re always by princess. As we took the first steps I looked around the barn and saw the faces of people I loved more than life smiling back. I saw the windows, draping fabric, twinkling lights, and jars of baby’s-breath decorated with such love and care. I saw all the women who were sisters to me standing in varying shades of cream and brown. I saw my sweet mama in her blue lace dress next to all of my family. I saw my new family, the people who were graciously welcoming me into their lives and sharing their namesake. Then, I saw my best friend, standing at the end of the aisle in his new grey suit. I knew, the moment I saw him that today would be the start of an adventure. Travis spoke the sweetest words on marriage and pronounced us husband and wife and from that moment on, we have not looked back. 

 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment